World

Police make fresh arrest over Manchester bombing

Daily Aftab World News
MANCHESTER,British police said they had arrested a new suspect on Monday over the Manchester bombings, bringing to 14 the number of people they have in custody over the attack.
Authorities detained a 23-year-old in the southern coastal town of
Shoreham-by-Sea, more than 400 kilometres (250 miles) from Manchester.
In addition, police raided a property in a southern Manchester suburb as they step up their investigation into last week’s bombing that killed 22 people.
The attack, Britain’s worst in more than a decade was occured at the exit of a concert by US singer Ariane Grande.
Several of the victims were children, the youngest being just eight. Scores were injured in the attack.
Britain’s interior minister Amber Rudd saying on Sunday there were “potentially” still members of the cell at large.
“The operation is still really at full-tilt in a way and so until the
operation is complete we can’t be entirely sure that it’s closed,” said Rudd.

About the author

Rashid Afzaal

2 Comments

Click here to post a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *