The first day is always special for new college kids. But many do face problems with the selection of clothes. Playing around with a basic cotton kurta or jazzing it up with jewellery can do the trick, say experts. Here, we share some tried and tested tips on how to look good on the first day of college under budget:
* Play it chic: It is important to choose the right collection for your college days, as mix and match works wonders. Carry a scarf in your bag as you can match it with any of your clothes. Scarves won’t cost you more than 100 bucks and you can team it plain T-shirts. Spend the rest of the money on a pair of rugged jeans and ballerinas.
* Cotton kurtas: The basic cotton kurta will not cost you more than Rs 500, but make sure you buy a kurta which you can wear like a dress. Team up your dress or kurta with funky jewellery and a pair of flats.
* Slogan tees: The jazzed up look for a party night with your new friends can be completed with trendy slogan tees which are available online and offline. You can team them with your favourite black jeggings and palazzos.
* Be the Maxi queen: Beautiful maxi dresses are affordable at a price of Rs 500-700. Teaming the same with comfortable sandals and wearing a scarf can make the simple dress look more stylish.
* Glam it up with the right jewellery: Opt for boho chokers which will cost you Rs 150 and can be paired with almost everything. The second-best option are bead earrings which go well with all attires and will only cost you Rs 50.