Up your veggie servings by piling vegetables cooked in wine onto a healthy sweet potato crust with this delicious pizza recipe from Lorin Cook of Alpine, New Jersey, who won 2016’s “Grape Expectations” contest on TODAY.
Nutrition facts: 290 calories, 17 g protein, 16 g total fat (3 g saturated), 5 g fiber, 5 g sugar (0 g added sugar), 240 mg sodium
- 1½ cups cooked sweet potato (1 large sweet potato)
- 1½ cups almond flour (or any whole-grain flour)
- 3/4 cup egg substitute (or 1 whole egg and 2 egg whites)
- 1 cup reduced-fat shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 pound ground turkey
- 1 pinch onion powder
- 1 pinch garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 cup white wine
- 6 slices small eggplant
- 6 slices yellow squash
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 5 portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 yellow pepper, sliced
- 1/2 orange pepper, sliced
- 3/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
Heat oven to 375˚F.
Poke holes in the sweet potato and microwave for 10 to 12 minutes. Peel skin and mash.
Combine the rest of the crust ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Spray a 9-inch round springform pan with nonstick spray.
Spread the dough out to cover the pan. Bake for 25 to 28 minutes until the center is firm and the edges are browned. Remove from the oven and cool.
Season the turkey with a pinch of onion powder, garlic powder and pepper. Mix well.
Place a pan over medium heat and add the canola oil. Add the turkey and cook for 3 minutes until turkey is browned. Remove and set aside.
Warm another pan over medium heat. Add the white wine. Add all the vegetables and sauté until soft, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
Place the sauce on the crust, followed by veggies and turkey. Top with cheese. Bake for 5 to 7 minutes until cheese is melted. Remove from the oven and let cool. Slice and enjoy!