mobile phones

MDCAT paper leak suspect arrested

MULTAN: A suspect, accused of leaking Medical and Dental College Admission Test (MDCAT) 2017 papers, was caught on Thursday from the airport while attempting to flee from the country.

According to the Federal Investigation Agency’s officials, suspect Rao Bilal was leaving Multan for Qatar, when he was taken into custody.

According to the latest updates, the investigation of the case has been handed over to the Criminal Investigation Agency (CIA). It was learnt that the number of people found involved in leaking the paper has increased from four to nine.

Six doctors are also among those arrested in relation to the medical entry test scam.

The Punjab government had submitted a report to the Lahore High Court, mentioning that the employees of University of Health Sciences were found involved in paper leak issue.

The high court had declared the results invalid and demanded new test should be taken for the admissions.

The court had also ordered legal action against those responsible in leaking medical entrance examination papers.

Meanwhile, the University of Health Sciences has announced to re-hold the exam on Oct 29.

Nawaz Sharif meets AJK PM Raja Farooq Haider in London

LONDON: PMLN supremo and Party President Nawaz Sharif met with Azad Jammu and Kashmir(AJK) Prime Minister Raja Farooq Haider in London.

The AJK inquired about the well-being and prayed for the speedy recovery of Begum Kulsoom Nawaz, who is currently undergoing treatment for lymphoma.

During the meeting, AJK’s senior minister Chaudhry Tariq Farooq was also present.

Nawaz Sharif arrived in London on Wednesday to tend to his ailing wife.

The recently re-elected Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz president is accompanied by his secretary Mohammed Hanif Khan during his visit.

This is the second visit of the former PM to London after his wife was diagnosed with lymphoma (cancer of lymph nodes) by British doctors on August 22.

Sharif, who left for London on August 30 on account of his wife’s medical treatment, returned to the country on September 25 to face the Supreme Court-directed corruption cases against him.