Spinach Artichoke Dip
1 (14 oz) can artichoke hearts (in water)
- 8 oz baby spinach , roughly chopped
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 cup half and half , then more as desired
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 8 oz cream cheese , diced into small cubes
- 1 cup (3 oz) finely shredded parmesan cheese
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Red pepper flakes (optional)
- Tortilla chips , crackers or baguette slices, for serving
Drain artichoke hearts then chopped into small pieces. Place on several layers of paper towels then squeeze some of the excess moisture from artichoke hearts.
Melt butter in a saute pan over medium heat. Add spinach, artichoke hearts and garlic and saute until spinach has just wilted, about 2 minutes. Remove pan from heat, add in half and half, sour cream, cream cheese cubes and parmesan cheese and return pan to medium heat and cook, stirring constantly (reducing heat just slightly if needed) until cheese has melted and dip is hot. Season with salt and pepper to taste, thin with more half and half if desired and sprinkle in red pepper flakes if desired. Serve warm with tortilla chips, crackers or baguette slices.
Recipe source: Cooking Classy